The first thing people notice about you is probably your smile. Therefore, it is extremely important to pay attention to your dental health. Are your teeth red carpet ready? Do you want to have the pearly smile as celebrities do? It is not difficult, but it is also not as easy as it seems. Because of the different food and drinks we consume daily, our teeth tend to become yellow with time. Whether you choose the natural way to whiten your teeth, or prefer teeth whitening services, know that you must be patient and implement proper teeth care routine. Natural teeth whitening remedies are cost effective, but may not deliver desired result. And if they do, it takes time. On the other hand, professional teeth whitening services and whitening products are more expensive, but are very effective. Here are few benefits of each.
Natural Remedies – Natural whitening products are more for people whose teeth are slightly yellow and are commonly used to keep teeth white. If your teeth are severely discoloured, it is best to consult with your dentist and use his teeth whitening services. If your teeth are white and all you want is to brighten them, then rely on natural alternatives.
- One of the natural ways to whiten your teeth is by using baking soda and lemon juice paste. Due to its mildly abrasive nature, sodium bicarbonate gently scrubs the surface and gives teeth a whiter shade, while lemon acts as a natural bleach. The combination of both makes an excellent home remedy for successful whitening of your teeth.
- Whitening teeth with strawberries is another natural proven successful. Because of the ascorbic acid, strawberries have the power to brighten the teeth. Also, because of high concentration of vitamin C, strawberries clean the plaque and remove surface stains.
- Coconut oil is also quite useful for teeth whitening. Thanks to the lauric acid found in the coconut oil, you can get rid of bacterias that cause your teeth to become yellow.
Commercial Products – With so many teeth whitening products available on the market, it is difficult to find the one that works best. Commercial products use the right proportion of hydrogen peroxide which is the key ingredient in all teeth whitening products. However, if you have sensitive teeth, it is best to use professional teeth whitening services.
- Whitening toothpaste is the easiest way to give brighten your teeth. Almost every toothpaste contains mild abrasive that removes food and drink stains. Some contain sodium tripolyphosphate to deliver brighter results.
- Whitening strips are probably one of the most popular teeth whitening products. These strips contain polyethylene and are easy to use.
- Whitening rinses are one of the newest whitening products available on the market. They are multi-functional as they disinfect your whole mouth and contribute towards whiter teeth.
Teeth Whitening Services – This is by far the best teeth whitening solution. It is quickest and most effective. Another benefit of teeth whitening services is the fact that the whole procedure is monitored by a professional dentist. Also, unlike with natural and over-the-counter teeth whitening products, the dentist will first examine your teeth and evaluate whether you are a candidate for teeth whitening services.