Let’s be honest, these days it’s pretty easy to get caught up in the continuous cycle of work and sleep. It seems that working hard and getting a little sleep is becoming the norm, even though our bodies give us multiple warning signs that that’s not OK. And although all of us are aware of this situation, it’s still not that easy to take thing seriously and start a rigid new routine. Perhaps, the answer lies in taking a few simple steps that won’t overwhelm you, but can sure make for a positive change.
What we put in our mouth can reflect not only on our outside but our inside as well. In other words, what we eat can affect the way our minds and bodies work, and eating as clean as possible can make us feel more vital and full of life. This can additionally prolong our life which in fact is what all of us want. Aside from looking good, eating healthy food means having fewer health problems and having more strength. Here are some easy steps that can help you improve your healthy habits.
- Drink as much water as possible, because water means life. According to doctors, your body doesn’t need any other type of fluid than water. For instance, if you eat enough fruits and veggies, you don’t need to make a morning smoothie. Drinking around 2-3l of water throughout the day can keep you perfectly hydrated while making your skin glow. What’s more, drinking enough water can also improve your concentration and can clear your body from toxins.
- Another important step you can take towards a better you is to avoid food that is high in fat and sugar. Completely cut down sweets, club soda, energy drinks and fast food and switch it with healthy foods that contain one of the many natural sweeteners. Try to eat more meat and salads and reduce the intake of bread. If this is not an option, try to eat wholegrain bread and only in the morning.
- Eating regularly is better than over-eating. Usually, over-eating and making bad food choices can happen when we starve ourselves or and there’s a too long interval between meals. So, if possible, try to change that routine and have five smaller meals rater than two or three big ones.
Making sure you have “me time” or simply fun time is paramount for your well-being. You can do this by simply turning off your smartphone for several hours and finally start reading that book that just sits on the shelf, or taking a long bath or simply going out with friends. And since this is the ideal time of the year, going to the beach can also be on top of your list.
When it comes to taking comfort up a notch, whether for when you have just gotten out of the bath or from the ocean, having a good-absorbing towel and one that won’t cause you any skin irritations is crucial. That beings said, there’s no doubt that bamboo is the new cotton and that’s the material you should gp for if you want to make thew most of this type of relaxation. Bamboo cotton towels are the ultimate choice when it comes to comfort, style and luxury all in one. Available in a range of styles, sizes, shapes, patterns and colours, bamboo towels in general, are the only kind of towels you want to have in your bathroom.
Another thing you can expect from bamboo towels is UV protection. According to manufacturers, bamboo fabric has the ability to cut out 98% of harmful UV rays, making it your perfect ally during your relaxing beach days. Except for being soft and ‘cottony’, a 100% bamboo towel is extremely durable and resistant to shrinking. Since bamboo is thermo-regulating, being wrapped in a towel like this will keep you warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
Are Bamboo Towels Better than Cotton?
Yes. Bamboo cotton towels are 3 times more absorbent than cotton ones which means that they have excellent moisture-wicking properties.
Are Bamboo Towels Antibacterial?
Except for being hypo-allergenic and great for sensitive skin, bamboo cotton towels also have anti-bacterial properties. This means that bamboo towels can stay odour-free even after repeated use.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep
The truth is that no matter how hard you try to eat clean and pamper yourself, if you don’t sleep well, all of this will be in vain. Allowing yourself to rest at night is like plugging yourself to a charger that’ll help you wake with a 100% full battery. This is important for both your mental and physical health as without it you won’t even have the strength to do all of the aforementioned things. However, for one reason or another, it seems that these days more and more people are having trouble sleeping. Fortunately, there is a chance for almost anyone to have a good rest at night, if the problem is addressed in the right manner, that it.
- If you are one of those people who say they can drink as much coffee as they want, you are completely wrong. In one way or another, caffeine will kick in and can make you fall asleep in a less comfortable way. For instance, you may be able to fall asleep, but caffeine and other caffeine drinks can overstimulate your nervous system which can result in nightmares. And vice versa. So, avoiding drinking too much coffee, especially 5-6 hours before sleep is crucial.
- You may not be aware of your condition, but if your partner is constantly telling you that you snore, checking yourself with a professional regarding whether you have sleep apnea is recommended. This sleeping disorder is quite common and can disrupt yours and your partner’s sleep. Fortunately, there are several solutions for this condition, you just need to check it with your doctor so you could find the right device.
- Following the routine of babies have can surely help you improve your sleep. According to specialists, trying to go to bed at the same time each night and getting up at the same time every day can affect positively your sleep. Your sleep cycle is closely related to the light in the environment. Consequently, your internal clock can help you feel more awake during the day and more tired at night. Sticking to the same sleep schedule every night can help your body find its natural rhythm and settle into its own sleep-wake cycle.
Stay Physically Active
Being physically active will not only make you feel good but it’ll also make you feel more energized and motivated. This can positively affect your work and might help you with your career as well. If exercising on a regular basis is not an option, going camping and hiking for the weekend can be a great alternative. Spending quality time in nature, while breathing in the fresh air and exploring the surrounding is one of the best therapy you can give to yourself. This self-recharge will only improve your physical and mental health but also help you bond better with your family and friends.
Now, since getting a good night’s sleep is one of the main problems people have when camping and hiking, you ought to consider investing in quality sleeping bags. When it comes to finding the types that can bring most comfort, simply look for sleeping bag with lots of cushioning. Single, double, hooded or non-hooded are just some of the many types you can choose from.